Sunday, February 6, 2011

The Final Countdown

As of today, I have officially begun the one week countdown until I leave for Australia! None of this has felt real until today, and I have to say I'm experiencing a lot of emotions. Let's take a look at them, shall we?

This past week I went on what I liked to a call a "Tour De College". I escaped work early due to the Snowpocalypse on Tuesday, and headed down to Lehigh when the coast was clear. It was a perfect visit. I stayed with my best friend for a few days, which was great since she's graduating after this semester. While I was there I got to see almost everyone I wanted to. The highlight: we built an igloo. Literally. It was awesome. I came home on Thursday night, took a breather, and then headed up to SUNY Albany. Two of my best friends from home go there, so I wanted to stay with them before I left. We had a nice get-together at their house last night, which was really fun. All in all, it was a really fun week. I'm so happy I got to visit my friends, but at the same time it's bittersweet. I'm going to miss them all so much!

Today I came home from SUNY Albany because my mom insisted on having a going-away party. I really didn't want to have such a production all for me, and I was really hesitant, but it ended up being just fine. So many people came - aunts, uncles, cousins, grandmothers, friends! - and it just made me feel so loved. To top off the day, I got an awesome cake and a ton of early birthday money!

Now that I'm in the home stretch, I am feeling stressed. I feel as if I've been shopping forever, but still don't have all that I need. I feel as if I am never going to be able to fit everything I need in 106 inches of suitcase. I feel as if my mom may never stop nagging me about how my clothing is all over the living. I feel anxious because I am a terrible flyer, and I feel badly for my friend Sarah who has to sit next to me during the flight.

But most importantly? I feel excited. See you in seven days, Oz!

No comments:

Post a Comment